Last Wednesday I left my 20s and boldly stepped into my 30s. There was no preventing it.
Actually there was no hesitation to move forward into my 30s.
I feel incredibly blessed. I’m married to my best friend. I live close to my family. And I get to see some of my best friends who have know me all my life more than 2 or 3 times a year.
I had a full week of celebrating from weekend to weekend. So to keep with the retelling of my journey out of my 20s and into my 30s….it’s going to take a few posts. So bear with me!
First off, I have done a lot of thinking about the past 10 years. I have learned so much it would take days to express the knowledge I have gained about myself, people, and life. Instead I will share my experiences, each come with their own lesson.
1. I went to the college of my choice. Expensive as it was, I feel blessed by the education I received.
2. I finished said college with a degree AND did it in 4 years.
3. I interned with the Super Bowl Host Committee.
4. I moved the day of graduation to Texas, many hours away from family.
5. I cried like a baby once my family pulled out of the driveway after above mentioned move.
6. I lived in my first home by myself, and learned I don’t like it.
7. I chose to leave everything behind and live overseas for two years working for a higher calling.
8. I learned Arabic, Arab culture, how to use public transport, and well that list could go on and on.
9. I experienced living in 3 different countries aside from the USA.
10. I traveled to a dozen different countries.
11. I moved back home.
12. I experienced more culture shock coming home than I did leaving.
13. I lost loved ones.
14. I purchased a car…and then purchased a better one.
15. I moved back to Texas.
16. I’ve been a social worker, seminary student, accounts payable clerk, camp intern, administrative assistant, etc.
17. I took up photography, and took a class to work in the dark room.
18. I lived with an artist.
19. I was in a lot of weddings.
20. I got engaged.
21. I married the most caring and supporting husband, my best friend, Drew.
22. I lived in a hotel for over a month.
23. After 15 different homes I’ve lived in, I’m finally in my own with my husband.
24. I changed my name.